The 808 Midrise Roper was one of our most popular designs - second only to our Original 1907 Derby Boot. In late April 2017 we dropped 25 pairs of an all-suede version we called the 808 D(for Desert). This was the very first pair - mine, made for the release photoshoot (pictured).
I wore them for the photoshoot up in the sage fields of Lillooet, BC only, but given they're full leather soled and heeled and made of full-suede, there's a lil' visible wear. If these speak to you, I'd be happy to install new rubber half soles for ya if you're interested, and... I'll cover the cost to ship wherever in the world you hang your hat.
The "Roper" boot's roots are firmly planted in cowboy culture, but a specific design ("Lacers") made infamous by "Justin Boots" had crossover success when they refined the classic cowboy boot silhouette & incorporated laces - not diminishing the hardiness or high-quality craftsmanship that you'd expect in a cowboy boot, but offering more style and versatility to those looking for something a little less utilitarian and a little more fashion focused.
We then took that silhouette, tweaked the lines to make it our own, further upping the anti on the versatility side of things in the decision to make them "Mid-Rise". As we ease into Spring, having a boot that can seamlessly transition from season to season was top of mind when planning this release.6.
808D-00 Roper Features:
- 9 US Men's D (Standard). If you have concerns about sizing - I'm happy to refer to measurements you have with us on file, to ensure you're a perfect match. If you're new to us, please consult our Fit Form HERE.
- COLOR: Charles F. Stead's 5 oz "JET BLACK" waterproofed Repello calf suede.
- SOLE/ HEEL: Full-leather soles, midsoles, and heel stacks are from the world renowned J. Rendenbach Leather Tannery, finished BLACK. This was the very first run we incorporated JR soles and heels.
- HAND-WELTED: These boots, like all our boots, were welted (J. Rendenbach welting) by hand. This is the most time intensive, yet durable and long lasting method of sole construction.
- KILTIES (fringed bits): Are simply laced in, and can be removed or added depending on whether they suit your fancy from one day to the next.
- EMBOSSED ARTWORK: The outside right heel/ counter is stamped with our logo, while the outside left was left NAKED.
- This pair was the first pair off the line - one of two prototypes, and uniquely embossed "808D.50.00".
- Each pair of shoes and boots that leaves this shop is accompanied by an in-house crafted logo'd dust bag and polishing cloth.
- We build to last a literal lifetime - these boots are re-sole and re-heelable.