We made a total of 76 pairs of our 1984 CHELSEA from late 2016 through early 2019. These were the 62nd pair off the line (December 2018), and... are pretty special.
Not only were they the ONLY pair of boots we ever made out of a really cool one-off steely-grey ("Eifel Tower) Dublin (by Horween) we picked up along the way, but we only ever did the custom back brogued detailing present on these boots... one other time.
These are PRELOVED, yet... were only ever worn a handful of times, and were immaculately maintained.
If this special pair of one-offs speak to you, I'll cover the cost to ship wherever in the world you hang your hat.
A Chelsea Boot is an iconic silhouette originally designed (and patented) in 1851 by Queen Victoria's custom shoemaker, later popularized by the public due to it's supreme versatility - a boot rugged enough to be worn sporting (including horse riding), yet comfortable & stylish enough to be considered acceptable for everyday wear. WARNING: Not all Chelseas are created e
1984-62 Chelsea Boots:
- 9 US Women's C. If you have concerns about sizing - I'm happy to refer to measurements you have with us on file, to ensure you're a perfect match. If you're new to us, please consult our Fit Form HERE.
- COLOR: Horween Leather Company's: 5 oz EIFFEL TOWER Dublin cowhide. Depending on how the light hits it, it can appear black, grey or blue - it's a really unique limited run hide, we were only able to get our hands on once.
- SOLE/ HEEL: Vibram's rugged yet versatile 430 full-rubber full soles (BLACK) & matching heels - finished NATURAL.
- HAND-WELTED: These boots, like all our boots, were welted (J. Rendenbach welting) by hand. This is the most time intensive, yet durable and long lasting method of sole construction.
- WOVEN ELASTIC GUSSET: Exposed (at the time we had a covered/stitched leather option) BLACK.
- EMBOSSED ARTWORK: The outside right heel/ counter is stamped with our logo, while the outside left is stamped with the silhouette of a "SCARDY CAT". This was a custom commission, and I'm happy to include the original stamp tooling, in with your boot box.
- Each pair of shoes and boots that leaves this shop is accompanied by an in-house crafted logo'd dust bag and polishing, and... for this pair... I'll also include one of our limited BROWN BEAR HEAD Shoe Horn Keychains.
- We build to last a literal lifetime - these boots are re-sole and re-heelable.