These boots... are ONE OF A KIND.
They're prototypes we 'crafted back in late 2017 - one of only two pairs of square toed boots we EVER made. We decided to go in a different direction with the production run, so these were shelved, never to see the light of day outside our shop... until now.
Even the leather is one-off. This extremely limited steel blue/ grey Dublin from Horween is called "Eiffel Tower". We bought a single hide on a whim back in early 2017 and only cut into it once. For this pair of boots.
They're brand brand new and have never been worn.
If this special pair of one-offs speak to you, I'll cover the cost to ship wherever in the world you hang your hat.
The "Roper" boot is an age old classic, with roots firmly planted in cowboy culture. But a specific design ("Lacers") made infamous by "Justin Boots" had cross over success when they refined the basic cowboy boot silhouette & incorporated laces - not diminishing the hardiness or high-quality craftsmanship that you'd expect in a cowboy boot, but offering more style and versatility to those looking for something a little less utilitarian and a little more fashion focused. There are many different takes on the Roper out there and this is ours. Hope you think it's a special as we do.
1940-00-01 Roper Boot Features:
- 10.5 US Men's D (Standard). If you have concerns about sizing - I'm happy to refer to measurements you have with us on file, to ensure you're a perfect match. If you're new to us, please consult our Fit Form HERE.
- COLOR: Horween Leather Company's: 5/6 oz EIFEL TOWER (steel blue/grey) Dublin cowhide.
- HAND-WELTED: These boots, like all our boots, were welted (J. Rendenbach welting) by hand. This is the most time intensive, yet durable and long lasting method of sole construction.
- SOLE/ HEEL: Full-leather soles, midsoles, and heel stacks are from the world renowned J. Rendenbach Leather Tannery. Rugged rubber half soles & heels by Vibram.
- EMBOSSED ARTWORK: The outside right heel/ counter is stamped with our logo, while the outside left is stamped with an eagle designed by our friend and forever collaborator, Matt Houston. This stamp was personally commissioned by me (Josh) - something of a family crest. It's pretty special.
- This pair is without a serial number as our prototypes often were.
- Each pair of shoes and boots that leaves this shop is accompanied by an in-house crafted logo'd dust bag and polishing cloth.
- We build to last a literal lifetime - these boots are re-sole and re-heelable.