For this LIMITED production run, we've sourced a bunch of beautiful VINTAGE PATTERNED COTTON FABRIC (including some bandanas) from our good friend and vintage clothing hunter extraordinaire FAR OUT VINTAGE. Most of these patterns you'll never see again, as that's part of the fun. When they're gone... they're gone.
In late March 2020, it was becoming widely accepted among healthcare professionals that face coverings would help in limiting the spread of Covid-19, especially for those who've contracted the virus yet are unaware and asymptomatic.
So... we decided to make a few masks for ourselves, friends and family, but as these things tend to go... we started getting requests from far and wide, as PPE supply chains collapsed everywhere. We're a two-person strong boot company, so the thought of making something pretty far outside of our wheelhouse on-mass was pretty intimidating, but... the intimate messages we were receiving from front-line workers, essential service warriors, and the immune compromised were so freakin' heartbreaking, we knew we couldn't not at the very least try and figure out a way to help.
At the time... DIY mask information was becoming public fast and furious as more and more independent makers were coming online to help the cause. We absorbed as much as we could, personally R and D'd a bunch of prototypes, and in the end came up with a design that we're pretty darn proud of, and feel comfortable and safe sporting when in public.
3 Sizes Available - S, M, and L (please see sizing chart)
- 2-ply Lightweight 100% Cotton (Liner always BLACK). NOTE: The pattern selected for your mask might vary slightly from that pictured.
- Filter pocket w/ filter (+ one extra filter) - We've sourced Halyard Health H600 heavy-duty medical grade sterilization polypropylene fabric, which has a listed Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) of 98.9% +.
- 1/8" ear and neck elastic (WHITE) - The elastic necklace is one of our favorite features (and relatively novel), as your mask can simply hang from your neck when not needed vs. having to wear your mask continuously or storing in a clean location when not in use.
- .75" logo'd nylon adjusting pulls - Proper mask wearing etiquette calls for keeping your dirty fingers off your mask or run risk of contamination. That said, you'll inevitably need to adjust your mask at times, so these tabs will ensure you only need two points of contact, which you can sanitize easily, as necessary.
- 1/8" stainless steel nose clamp - To ensure a snug fit.
- Our masks are 100% washable (filter included) - Please make sure you wash cold (machine is okay), and hang to dry.
Note: We've priced our masks to cover the cost of materials (incl. filters), time and standard air mail ship. If you're in a position where you can't afford one of our masks, but are in need, please email email@example.com and we'll figure it out.
Handcrafted here in our East Vancouver, BC shop, using components sourced as close as down the block & no farther than Los Angeles, California.