On Saturday April 29, 2017 we officially launched our 5th limited release - The 808 D(esert) Mid-Rise Roper Boot.
Due to limited access to the waterproofed calf suede we used for this run, we cut our typical production size (50 pairs) in half, only taking on 25 made-to-measure pairs for this limited release. As per usual, we made all 25 pairs available through PRESALE to those on our mailing list first, with intentions of officially making however many pairs were left unspoken for to the general public a week later. But as is starting to become a trend around these parts... we SOLD OUT the run in just a little over 24 hours.
If you'd like to be kept in the loop for all future releases (we do this every two - three months) please sign up for our mailing list HERE.
The "Roper" boot's roots are firmly planted in cowboy culture, but a specific design ("Lacers") made infamous by "Justin Boots" had crossover success when they refined the classic cowboy boot silhouette & incorporated laces - not diminishing the hardiness or high-quality craftsmanship that you'd expect in a cowboy boot, but offering more style and versatility to those looking for something a little less utilitarian and a little more fashion focused.
We then took that silhouette, tweaked the lines to make it our own, further upping the anti on the versatility side of things in the decision to make them "Mid-Rise". As we ease into Spring, having a boot that can seamlessly transition from season to season was top of mind when planning this release.
808D Mid-Rise Roper Features:
- Custom fit to YOUR unique feet. If you’re local, we’ll have you in shop for a consultation/ sizing, and if you’re based abroad we’ll walk you through how to accurately measure your feet. We’ll be drafting a unique pattern for each and every pair of boots based on the length/ width of your feet. These “Made-To-Measure” boots will fit unlike any off-the-shelf/ ready to wear pair of shoes/ boots you’ve purchased in the past – we’ll be making these for your feet… and your feet alone.
- Available in 2 colors (as well as two-tone variations of those colors) - "Jet Black" and "Bright Toffee" (tan). Why only two colors? Well... we wanted to ensure we sourced only the best suede on the market for this release, which meant reaching out to the legendary Leeds, UK based Charles F. Stead (founded 1895). Though their minimums would typically be prohibitive for an operation of our scale, they were willing to ship us an initial one-time "sample" order of 200 square feet, so we obviously jumped at the opportunity - nabbing 100 square feet of each color in their renowned waterproof "Repello" calf suede.
- German oak-bark ground-tanned full leather soles. For this run, for the very first time, we'll be using Joh Redenbach Jr. full leather soles and heel stacks exclusively - considered industry-wide as the highest quality sole/ heel offerings on the market. Customers will be given the option to either cover their full leather soles with protective Vibram rubber half-soles (or not), as well as their choice of a couple of different heel profile looks.
- We will emboss the custom artwork of your choosing on the outside heel of your left upper to ensure your pair of 808Ds are truly one-of-a-kind.
- Individually numbered (1 – 25), accompanied by a certificate of authenticity (signed and dated) and additional THANK YOU gifts including a matching (to your upper color of choice) Boot Horn Keychain & logo'd tote bag.
- Please review our Returns/ Refunds/ Exchange, Shipping and Repairs/ Resole policies before making a purchase decisions - we want to ensure everyone is on the same page before moving forward.
- Pairs will be shipped within 4 - 6 weeks from May 15, 2017 (our first scheduled day of 808D production).